http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/22842/4-Helpful-Tools-for-Identifying-the-Right-Keywords.aspx Good Documentaries Plus: My Latest Endeavors

Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Latest Endeavors

In my latest effort to generate better income I heard about LinkedIn I finally got listed with them. Mainly for another job that I have been trying to do, working as a Independent Sales Agent for one of the better/ethical credit card processing companies also BBB and ETA member. Supposedly their system helps generate leads through their network and it is free for basic membership. For those of you who do not know what that is it is also called a contract worker or contract sales.
My job consists of meeting with merchants,business owners to look over their recent statement and show them what we can save them on their credit card processing fees.
Biggest Con; Intense cold calling (daily)!
Pros; You are your own boss. Cons; You are your own boss. Pros; You get to work outside not stuck in an office or inside all day. Cons; Dealing with some of these so-called owners can be very trying. Cons; You are a what I call and I guess the IRS calls a W-5 Guy in other words you must pay your own Health care example; $266.00 a month as opposed to $37.00 as an employee Pros; Many expenses can be written off like gas, clothing; Suits,etc. just always keep those receipt's! Cons; Some things cannot be written off check w/your Tax Guide. That is basically what I do when I get to do it. I do like the other products and services we offer through our relationships with equally respected companies like the new wireless software, new type of business funding with a big name bank as well as the excellent equipt. we offer.

When I was writing in my profile on LinkedIn (You know how that works the more info. about oneself the better) I also disclosed that I have been reading the book The 5 Big Lies About American Business by Michael Medved( film Critic, Conservative Radio Host) I recommend that you read it,dare to have an open mind. example, Big Lie, When the Rich get Richer the poor get poorer. When successful people earn more money, it doesn't mean less of anything-and in fact means more growth, more investment,more jobs. Creating wealth doesn't cause poverty, it brings progress. There is no such thing as "obscene" profits-only obscene losses.
What I learn from people like Mr.Medved, they are generous with their knowledge and encourage others to question, to research. If he can do it, certainly we can too.

No comments: